I had intended to draw a line under this post title, but on going to bed last night I asked the Lord how Christians should pray for the ‘State of the Nation.’
I didn’t necessarily expect an instant reply, but immediately I felt he said ‘pray that Christians should wake up!’
This was as I was slipping under the duvet, so it goes without saying that I was awake for quite a while.
I took this reply to mean that we - and I include myself in this - need to:
- Wake up to what is happening in our nation and the world.
- Wake up and take notice of the spiritual battle that is raging
- Wake up and listen to how God sees this from His perspective
- Wake up and 'stir the gift within' us
- Wake up and wait upon God for our individual response
- Wake up and pray as a priority
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2Chronicles 7:14