A Christian’s heavenly journey with his feet on the ground. Treasures shared that are discovered along the way.
Please note that this blog has now moved to: "Senior Eagle walking with Father"

Friday, February 08, 2008

God Sees All

My father only took a few photos of my early childhood and most have been mislaid over the years. One that has survived is of an angelic imp. I was standing with my toes pointing inwards - I still have that tendency even now - clutching a crushed flower in both hands. It was obvious I knew I had done something naughty, because my eyes were screwed tight. My reasoning was, nobody would see me because my eyes were closed. I couldn't fool my father though, because at that age he knew me so very well. He must have smiled, even though I had spoiled one of his prize blooms.

Aren't we like this sometimes? We may do or think things in secret, thinking it doesn't really matter as no one knows. Such things as those unhealthy habits that we pass off as common place and harmless. The admiring glance that grows into a lingering covetous look. The critical thoughts we justify because we are convinced we are in the right.

Our heavenly Father has an intense love for us and knows exactly how we feel and think. It must hurt Him to see us hurting ourselves in this way and distancing ourselves from His love. He longs for us to come to Him and experience His total acceptance, cleansing and freedom as He lifts our shame from us.

"There is nothing that can be hid from God; everything in all creation is exposed and lies open before his eyes. And it is to him that we must all give an account of ourselves." Hebrews 4:13 Good News Bible

0 comments :