A Christian’s heavenly journey with his feet on the ground. Treasures shared that are discovered along the way.
Please note that this blog has now moved to: "Senior Eagle walking with Father"

Monday, July 28, 2008

Without Prejudice

Some years ago, when I was helping out at a conference, a young woman came up to me and made a direct remark concerning my personality. It was a childlike observation and her command of the English language was halting, but I knew it had the ring of truth about it. I was taken by surprise and rather than ask her to explain further, I thanked her and carried on with my business.

However, my thoughts inside went something like this: "How cheeky and anyway, who does she think she is. After all, we haven't spoken before, so how can she possibly know anything about me!" Even now, I shudder at having had such proud and arrogant thoughts. It was well over a year later, when through personal need and looking to God for the way forward, I began to have some understanding of what she had discerned.

Hearing what God is saying to us brings life and freedom. If we really want to hear, then God will use whoever and whatever to get his message over. The question is, will we have the humility to accept His chosen messenger or are we prejudiced? Obviously we take what we believed we have heard and compare it with God's Word. But are we open to hear through someone who we may not like, is from a different background or culture, is much younger than us, appears unintelligent, has no position in a church organisation - need I go on?

"Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?" Numbers 22:28 New International Version

2 comments :

  1. IJ Hanna Lucky said...

    Great Post!!! I was chuckling and laughing as I was reading this post. for the human heart is so funny and deceitful. am glad for this post for it is for us all

    Godbless you

  2. duopastorale said...

    Great thoughts. I found you through the Jiglu tags... I like finding brit blogs and have really enjoyed visiting yours. Blessings.